Junior SQL Database Administrator
Job description Junior SQL Database Administrator
In the role of Database Administrator within SBM, you are responsible for the overall management and maintenance of the information databases used to operate the infrastructure and technology platform. You will partner with development teams to design data management and governance protocols, manage the information life cycle and design infrastructure and data integration controls. You have a clear understanding of the business strategy and you will cascade BI needs to the database level.
Furthermore, you will:
- Build and manage the database disaster recovery and backup plan;
- Develops new and enhances existing standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for database environments using industry experiences, best practices research, and business needs;
- Design, configure, implement and administer all databases.
Job requirements Junior SQL Database Administrator
Our preferred candidate for the role of Database Administrator has a BSc. degree in Information Technology, combined with 4-6 years of relevant working experience (System engineering/ Database Administrator).
In addition to this, you have:
- Strong knowledge of- and experience with database administration (design, configuration, security, data integrity and availability, monitoring, backups/ restore, reporting, clustering, replication, BI);
- Experience with data modelling and schema design;
- In depth knowledge of SQL;
- Proficient knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL);
- Experience with finding root causes of problems and quickly assess what the most efficient solution would be.
SBM Offshore owns and operates the world’s largest fleet of FPSO’s which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day. SBM Offshore has five Regional Centers, eleven operational shore bases, joint ventures with several construction yards and an offshore fleet of vessels, with a total staff of 7000 employees.
SBM Schiedam B.V. is one of SBM’s Regional Centers and is involved in the EPC delivery of FPSO’s and FLNG’s.
The Applications Services group department is responsible for supporting SBM’s activates worldwide; this includes the management of all in-house developed application or off-the shelf tools as well as the organizational database structure. While covering a wide complex variety of Engineering, Operational and Functional business units, the Apps team always maintains a professional level of support across all regions and off-shore vessels.