Functie omschrijving DevOps Engineer
The products at our client are developed with Ruby on Rails, and deployed with Chef. All applications are running on server stacks in our own control, with the responsibility of the DevOps team.
From the DevOps colleagues they expect stability, continuity and consequences in the systems. You would be specialised in the automated testing and production of applications and servers. You would carry out these tasks on the basis of your knowledge and experience in scripting and design of scalable solutions.
The DevOps team is one of the most essential parts of the organisation, and therefore one of the most multifunctional ones. Our client is looking for people that they can invest in, with the intention of keeping them with them long-term.
What will you be doing?
- Responsibility for the development, building, support and administration of the platform, CA and HSms;
- Responsibility for the deployment of applications for millions of users in The Netherlands and England;
- Carrying out maintenance and improving the structure of the software;
- Setting up virtual machines.
Functie eisen DevOps Engineer
- You have experience with the development and support of applications and servers;
- You are someone who can think with the group, and can provide advice about diverse IT solutions;
- You can work alone and within a team;
- You are open and are proactive;
- You are capable of taking control of problem solving;
- You feel comfortable in the strong and fast sector that the client operates in.
We would love to hear from you if you match the following criteria:
- Experience as a DevOPs Engineer, Developer or Systems Administrator with all-rounder tasks
- Solid knowledge of Chef, Jenkins, Cucumber and Git;
- Solid knowledge of Ubuntu and VMware;
- All-round knowledge of of Internet technologies (DNS, mail, SSL certificates) and network configuration (VLAN);
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails is essential;
- Good understanding of Dutch and English, written and spoken.
- A new DevOps team in which you can make a difference;
- Challenging work in a relaxing and informal work environment;
- Potential to grow within the organisation;
- A daily lunch and friday drinks;
- An easy to reach office location (by The Hague HS Station) with train costs covered.