Job description Financial Analyst
The Financial Analyst will support the Finance Manager. Next to working with your other Finance colleagues based in Lisbon you will be working with colleagues from Sales & Desk Underwriting, Marketing, Claims and HR.
- Oversee/ lead the monthly close process including accuracy of invoices posted, and assist in the year end close.
- Balance sheet control in cooperation with the other Lisbon based Accounting colleagues.
- Support in the budgeting- and forecasting process.
- Support on tax reporting.
- Update processes on a regular basis;
- Assist in the development of management information.
- Act as a link between the Operations- and Finance department.
- Participate in projects in and outside finance supporting the Finance Manager and the business.
Key Requirements Financial Analyst
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics area or equivalent.
- 3 – 7 years of experience in Accounting and Reporting is required.
- Fluent in English and Dutch is required. French is a plus.
- Some experience in supporting the business or the ability to support the business outside finance is required.
- Local tax experience (VAT and CIT) is required.
- Some knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS(17) is a big plus.
- Insurance experience and/or some experience in auditing is a plus.
- Excellent Excel user skills, PowerPoint is a plus.
- Experience with workflow management in ERP- systems.
- Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience in checking monthly payroll is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships in and outside the Finance team.
- Structured and autonomous working style.
- Pro-active, flexible and driven to achieve goals and objectives.
- Available to travel 3 – 4 times a year to Lisbon.