IT Network Engineer
Role description IT Network Engineer
In the role of Network Engineer within SBM Offshore you will provide key assistance and support in WAN/ LAN and Data Center administration (including FPSO Infra Support). You will monitor and report on the health of our SBM IT Infrastructure and (where required) investigate, propose and implement enhancements to improve the efficiency and performances of the LAN, WAN and DC networks.
Furthermore (amongst other activities) you will:
- Support and administration of WAN network and Security technologies as well as Cisco Enterprise Wireless networks;
- Coordinate MPLS, VSAT and ISP managed services (changes, implementation);
- Provide periodical reports to IT Management with analysis (Capacity Planning);
- Ensure that IT network documentation and processes exist and are updated on a regular basis;
- Liaise with the IT Enterprise Architecture team to ensure that IT network standards are deployed
- Liaise with the IT Security team and ensure that high level of security standards are maintained and operated across any network;
- Communicate with vendors, management and network staff worldwide;
- Attend training courses, seminars, conferences and exhibitions when required.
Role requirements IT Network Engineer
The preferred candidate for the role of IT Network Engineer has graduated from a four year college or university with a major in Computer Science or equivalent. You have 5+ years of experience with networks and/ or telecommunications within an international environment.
In addition to this, you have:
- Solid experience on Routing and Switching (Nexus, Multi-layer switching);
- Good knowledge of L3, L2 protocols such as EIGRP, MPLS, VPNs, Spanning Tree is required
- Strong knowledge of Network Security and associate technologies (Cisco ASA Next-Gen firewalls, IPS, Reverse Proxies, 802.1x, PKI) is required
- Excellent troubleshooting and configuration skills is required
- Good knowledge of Cisco ISE preferred
- Good knowledge of Cisco ACI is preferred
- Good knowledge of Riverbed Steelhead preferred
- Good knowledge of F5 load-balancing service preferred;
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds is preferred
- VoIP knowledge is a plus;
- ITIL Certified is preferred;
- Cisco certification is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally.
With over 7,000 employees worldwide, SBM Offshore is a global leader in floating production and mooring systems, and production operations as well as terminals and services.
They have been on a transformational journey restructuring their business for the future. As part of this transformation, they have relocated their corporate headquarters to Amsterdam. The international orientation, the presence of many other stakeholders in the Netherlands, the Company’s Euronext listing and the proximity to the industry and Schiphol airport provide many advantages to SBM Offshore as a global player in the industry.
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Our office is easy to access by car and public transport.