IT Software Specialist
Functie omschrijving IT Software Specialist
In the role of IT Software Specialist within the organization, you are responsible for the overall management and maintenance of the information databases used to operate the infrastructure and technology platform. You will partner with development teams to design data management and governance protocols, manage the information life cycle and design infrastructure and data integration controls. You have a clear understanding of the business strategy and you will cascade BI needs to the database level.
Task & Responsibilities
Build and manage the database disaster recovery and backup plan;
- Develop new and enhance existing standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for database environments using industry experiences, best practices research, and business needs;
- Design, configure, implement and administer all databases.
Functie eisen IT Software Specialist
In addition to this, you have:
- Strong knowledge of- and experience with database administration (design, configuration, security, data integrity and availability, monitoring, backups/ restore, reporting, clustering, replication, BI);
- Experience with data modelling and schema design;
- In depth knowledge of SQL;
- Proficient knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL);
- Experience with finding root causes of problems and quickly assess what the most efficient solution would be.
The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation and operation of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by the organization and leased to its clients, or supplied on a turnkey sale bases. It is an international organization with its statutory seat in Amsterdam.
The NL IT Operations team is mainly based in Schiedam and supports the sites in Schiedam and Amsterdam, as well as the DC’s in The Netherlands. The team takes care of the daily support of the business, both operations as well as project engineering in Schiedam. Besides the local service desk, end user computing, the team takes care of infrastructure support, application support and IT security.
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Attractive benefits in the area of personal development, culture, sports and relaxation;
- Our office is easy to access by car and by public transport.