Key Account Manager
Functie omschrijving Key Account Manager
As a Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing and executing the sales strategy, customer relationships and business development in the region.
The European office in Amsterdam is located at the beautiful Olympic Stadion. Due to the strong international nature of the company, you will closely interact with your colleagues in the office in Amsterdam and the Global office in Dallas, USA. You will work together with your 35 colleagues in Amsterdam from different departments such as operations, customer service, sales and marketing. We are a lively and dynamic office with an ambitious growth target to reach. We have a strong belief that, with the right team and the right strategy, we will reach the target.
The Key Account Manager will report directly to the Sales Director and will work closely together with the rest of the Sales Department. You will be given the accountability to maintain and develop commercial activities for a designated group of customers (this group of customers may change from time to time).
The key responsibilities are:
- Responsibility of Budget, Sales forecast and Gross Margin.
- Together with the Sales Director execute sales plan for the business in line with the company strategy, focusing on sustainable long-term growth based on multiple sales drivers (increase distribution, perfect instore/online execution, visibility, optimization of assortment, perfect pricing & promotion and online strategy
- Execution of pricing strategy: List price, RRP and dilution
- Execution of channel/ customer segmentation
- Execution of promotional strategy: promotion calendar, RPP, discount and value creation
- Execution assortment optimization: # skus per category, gaps/opportunities
- Execution of Marketing online/ Instore drivers
- Obtaining profitable sales growth within the customer portfolio
- Responsible for maintaining long-term relationships and loyalty with retailers, both online and traditional retail and continuously detect new opportunities for the organization
- Traveling to customer’s and/or tradeshows when required
- Business support to Sales Director.
Functie eisen Key Account Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in economics and / or business administration
- 4+ years of experience in a commercial role preferably within a product environment
- Experience within a similar sector (toys and/ or FMCG) is considered a strong plus
- Sales, negotiation and contracting skills
- Analytical, result driven, drive to win
- A self-starter, flexible / adaptable in an international team environment
- Action orientated self-motivated sales professional with demonstrable business acumen
- A person that want to drive change and make the difference. Think out of the box.
- Excellent listener and communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Languages: Fluency English is a must and another European language is a big plus.