Functie omschrijving Product Owner
We are looking for a full-time Product Owner to strengthen our team. In your role you will be responsible defining our product roadmap and functional requirements:.
- You will discover and understand the continuously evolving customer and stakeholder needs in the smart building
- Work closely with the CTO and System Architect as well as Software Developers, Commercial Team, and Product Experts to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and/or ROI for our customers
- Assess value, develop cases, prioritise and translate business requirements into features and functional designs for our platform
- Provide context, details and refinement on features to the development team
- Work within our software development team to provide planning estimates and manage expectations for delivery of new functionalities
As such you will have the responsibility for ensuring the product strategy, to maximize the value-add for our clients. You will be owning a holistic product solution, from the development of (new) platform capabilities and optimization of diverse front-end solutions in Power BI for our clients,. Your product scope therefore also includes new data interfaces and collecting data from different data sources from buildings (sensor data, building management system data, etc.) as well as systems of tenants (room booking, access control, parking, etc.) and partner solutions such as mobile applications, integrating mostly Microsoft IoT based solutions. In this role you will be working closely with our inhouse and outsourced software teams and our partners at Microsoft, together with our Solutions Architect which is heading the software team. Furthermore, you will have regular interaction with our wider international commercial - and real estate team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise. Come and join us!
Functie eisen Product Owner
Competencies relevant to the role
- Natural team leader who enjoys managing teams towards clear targets
- Well-structured and process oriented
- Communicative and enjoys working in teams with diverse, complementary skills
- Intrinsic strive for excellence
- Driven by curiosity, good problem solver, result oriented
- Shares our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings
Technical Skills, Education & Experience relevant to the role
- Strong relevant work experience as a Product Owner/Project Manager in an agile IoT environment
- Strong understanding of (preferably experience in) software architecture and development, both Azure IoT and Power BI
- Proven experience in gathering and transforming business requirements into a successful product strategy including planning, creating and maintaining a product backlog
- Experience working with system architects, development teams, both internal and external, commercial / sales teams
- Project management and planning skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT/or similar
- >5 years work experience in SaaS environment
- IoT experience
- Several years of experience as Scum Product Owner (certificate not essential)
- EU working permit
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Experienced with Azure DevOps
- Hands-on software development experience
We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam, with projects all over Europe and the United States. Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we have started our SaaS-based venture a couple of years ago and are now further strengthening our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing buildings, is helping our clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world. We are frontrunners in the market and continuously develop our product further in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, enabling us to work with the newest Microsoft products even before they are commercially released.
Because the world needs better buildings, we are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?