Functie omschrijving Solution Architect
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for designing the overall best of breed application landscape. This includes design decisions regarding interface technology, and location(s) of master data, the interaction & process flow between various systems, as well as the data flow.
Solutions can include products, systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
You are the linking pin between business and technology, understanding business requirements as well as solutions architecture. You ensure that the solution meets business needs and aligns with architectural governance and standards.
You design and support the introduction of the solution(s) (standard or bespoke), translating all necessary characteristics into a solution blueprint, shaping its components and defining communication and coordination between them.
Purpose of the job:
- Participate in evaluation, design, and analysis of enterprise wide solutions.
- Translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives.
- Propose solution recommendations and alternatives to satisfy customer needs.
- Collaborate with enterprise information security, applications and infrastructure teams to produce optimal designs.
- Produce technical documentation of systems and architectures.
- Ensure compliance of solutions to architectural standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in your domain of expertise.
- Act as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings.
Key result areas:
- Define the ICT architecture for solutions supporting the business processes.
- Define, ensure acceptance and monitor compliance to architectural standards.
- Advice on ICT strategy, focusing on architecture.
- Knowledge sharing across the global ICT function.
- Advise and contribute to projects.
Functie eisen Solution Architect
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional work experience is required.
- Minimum of five years IT project experience in an international production or project/engineering type of environment.
- Proven experience with business analysis and solution design.
- Cloud Computing (Azure), Microsoft (O365, Dynamics, PowerBI), Virtualization.
- Low-code architectures (Mendix, PowerApps).
- Software connectivity, middleware and interfacing.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP in a best of breed environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong ownership attitude and discretionary judgment.
- English, fluent proficiency verbal and written.
The companies SAP ERP system is end of life, and they are investigating replacement of this system by S4HANA in a best of breed landscape, currently already containing MS PowerBI and MS Dynamics CRM.
Their first objective is to find the missing piece (or pieces) which fills the current gap between the operational requirement of our company in relation to what can be supplied by a future S4/Hana. In their words, this task covers demand planning (projects, service agreements, day market), supply (assets, workforce, third parties) and dispatching (linking A and B).
Through extensive groundwork in the last 2 years, their capability map, value chains, and business requirements have been extensively described. An elaborate market survey has shown to us that no single ERP system addresses their planning challenges adequately. Hence the quest for a planning solution.