About the position
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for designing the overall application landscape within the Mammoet organization.
You will lead and supports the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects, products, systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
Together with the business analysts, you are the linking pin between business and technology, understanding business requirements as well as solutions architecture. You ensure that solutions fit from an IT technology perspective, and align with our architecture vision, architectural governance and standards.
You design and support the introduction of solutions (standard or bespoke), translating all necessary characteristics into a solution blueprint, shaping its components and defining communication and coordination between them. You will report to the Manager Business Applications.
Purpose of the job:
- Participate in evaluation, design, and analysis of enterprise wide solutions;
- Translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives;
- Propose solution recommendations and alternatives to satisfy customer needs;
- Collaborate with enterprise information security, applications and infrastructure teams to produce optimal designs;
- Produce technical documentation of systems and architectures;
- Ensure compliance of solutions to architectural standards;
- Act as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in your domain of expertise;
- Act as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings.
Key result areas:
- Define the ICT architecture for solutions supporting the business processes;
- Define, ensure acceptance and monitor compliance to architectural standards;
- Advice on ICT strategy, focusing on architecture;
- Knowledge sharing across the global ICT function;
- Advise and contribute to projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional work experience is required.
- Minimum of five years IT project experience in an international production or project/engineering type of environment.
- Proven experience with business analysis and solution design.
- Cloud Computing (Azure), Microsoft (O365, Dynamics, PowerBI), Virtualization.
- Low-code architectures (Mendix, PowerApps).
- Software connectivity, middleware and interfacing.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP in a best of breed environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong ownership attitude and discretionary judgment.
- English, fluent proficiency verbal and written.
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, they provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Their services is focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving them towards smarter and safer solutions.
They provide the following services:
- Engineered lifting and transportation services;
- Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions;
- Factory-to-foundation projects;
- Plant turnaround logistics;
- Salvage and wreck removal;
- Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations;
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide.
For over two hundred years, they’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of their clients that has brought them where they are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
The companies SAP ERP system is end of life, and they are investigating replacement of this system by S4HANA in a best of breed landscape, currently already containing MS PowerBI and MS Dynamics CRM.
Their first objective is to find the missing piece (or pieces) which fills the current gap between the operational requirement of our company in relation to what can be supplied by a future S4/Hana. In their words, this task covers demand planning (projects, service agreements, day market), supply (assets, workforce, third parties) and dispatching (linking A and B).
Through extensive groundwork in the last two years, their capability map, value chains, and business requirements have been extensively described. An elaborate market survey has shown to us that no single ERP system addresses their planning challenges adequately. Hence the quest for a planning solution.
What they offer
- (International) career and development opportunities;
- Passionate, informal and dynamic working environment;
- Working for an ambitious and continuously moving international market leader;
- Key role in defining the new IT business landscape to support the strategic goals of Mammoet.